Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Turning Down Invitations

Invitations..

That is what I get almost every week.. From drinking at Japanese Bar (居酒屋 Izakaya) (even though I can't drink alcoholic drinks), eating out at some restaurants near Ikebukuro campus or even invitations to some events like going to Ueno Zoo and watching baseball match at Jingu Stadium.. and I had to turn down all of it..

Saying "Sorry, I can't go" is not the hardest part for me, explaining the reason why is the hardest.. From "I already made arrangements with a friend", "Got tonnes of homework" and the usual phrase "I'm tired"..

I wish I can tell them that I'm not a normal exchange student, I'm on a very tight budget and I do not have the luxury to spend my money for other things like entertainment or eating out (but I managed to do it sometimes though)..

I hope they can understand my situation.. Sorry guys for turning down your invitations..

No comments:

Post a Comment